Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mothers’ Day from Swaziland, with love


Me and Granddaddy with our beloved Grandmommy Hatt, my mother's mother. (Denison, Texas, December, 2006, when I was last home).


Grandma Phelps, my father's mother, creates her famous pan-fried polenta. (Bend, Oregon, May, 2005)


Sarah (my sis), Nick (my bro), and Ryan (myself) with our mommy, Jeannine Hatt Phelps, deep-frying somethin' (not polenta) on the Phelps Ranch. (Denison, Texas; June, 2006).

A hug and kiss from the Kingdom of Swaziland, with love, to the three incredible mothers pictured above.

--
As for the rest of you:

If you are a mother, my heartfelt congratulations and gratitude.

If you are a grandmother, my heartfelt congratulations and gratitude.

If you care for children without mothers, my heartfelt congratulations and gratitude.

If you would like to help care for children without mothers, please read on...



That's http://youngheroes.org.sz.

Thank you.

1 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger Jeannine Hatt said...

How can a mother read such as this and not have a comment?
Mothers are the glue in a family (and it is always a blessing when there is an active father who helps to make it "superglue"), but for many reasons, grandmothers (and sometimes grandfathers) are left with the job of talking on the work of parenting that their children could not finish. God bless the grandparents who are there to fill such voids in a child's life. And also bless those who can support grandparents and millions of others who are there to care for our world's children when Mom cannot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home