Thursday, September 13, 2007

One hundred and one Swaziland destinations - #17: "Lomahasha"

My apologies, but I do not have time to attach much text to these images (tomorrow, maybe). They are a follow-up to the Swazi destination posting a few days back. Stay tuned for more.


The Lomahasha Clinic, serving one of Swaziland's many peripheries. It is one of our outreach sites, approximately 2 hours from Mbabane.


Signage in Portuguese, as the region abuts Mozambique.


The landscape.


The black mamba that the car in front of us ran over. The snake was moving between cane fields at an inopportune time. (Sad, yes, but they are neurotoxic.)

This was the second 'wild' black mamba that I have seen in Swaziland. Maybe I can tell you the story of the first soon.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Blogger Publisher: Richard Rooney said...

I think this is a very interesting blog. I also blog about Swaziland. Swazi Media Commentary contains information and commentary about media freedom and media ethics in Swaziland. Come visit me at www.swazimedia.blogspot.com

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My fiance told me that Swaziland is in the middle of a bad drought, and it's started to turn cold. How are you doing? She had said that parts of Mbabane are without water.

Shay

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

Thanks for the comments Richard and Shay. As far as the drought, it is in full swing. Food prices are high. There is some aid coming in in response, but as always not enough. The rains are coming soon.

Richard, I will look at your blog. Sounds fascinating.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home