Friday, December 29, 2006

Needle, thread, and the year ahead -- A brief preamble to the overdue do's of '07



The art of embroidery and quilt-making in Southern Africa has a history of reflecting social change. Artists portray current issues through their art, in this case expressing how people and communities cope with HIV/AIDS. Messages of awareness, choice, prevention, and solidarity appear on these tapestries. Such messages are timely this time of year, I think.


As 2007 draws near, I have been thinking about what I should resolve to do and not do. The three do's stitched above will almost certainly make my list.

Thanks for stopping by the blog. More on the new year soon...

1 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Blogger humeihumei said...

This is very nice blog. Check my blogs hereThis one is about make money If you want to earn 5,000 dollars, please visit my blog Check new videos =).On the other hand this one contains loads of tasty recipes because it is about cooking. Leave comment and don't forget to tell your friend about it =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home